Good Work.


Today was very productive, taking in a meeting regarding Mostly Comedy potentially taking on an additional venue in another local town (well city, technically, if that doesn’t give things away) plus a rehearsal for the last outing of my show ‘Now Who’s a Comedian?’ at Leicester Comedy Festival this weekend.

The meeting was promising, which was great, as we’ve always felt Mostly could work well in another town provided the town had the right catchment and the people in charge of the venue were on board with the nature of the night, and were prepared to allow time for the club to grow. We’ve dabbled with taking it elsewhere in the past (most recently with last year's date at Letchworth’s Broadway Theatre which, if anything we were concerned might be a little too close geographically to Hitchin, though it did work) but something about the nature of this particular venue and its location definitely bode well for it being a potential new home; we’re going to visit it next week, so watch this space:

[               ] <------That one there.

Today’s rehearsal was also heartening, as it went very smoothly. I didn’t get started until relatively late-in-the-day, so I only did a single run, but it still tripped off the tongue pretty nicely, which was good. That said, I’m looking forward to get started on the new show as soon as I can, though I’d still like to sign the current one off properly when I do it on Sunday; this certainly was the case this time last year, when I rounded off my previous show ‘Mostly David Ephgrave’ on a high at the same festival, so here’s hoping for more of the same. I’d like to generate a last day of term feel to it, instead of being jaded about it; let’s hope I can stick to that attitude over the next few days.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.