'University Challenged: Week Sixteen (06.11.17)


It says a lot about an edition of University Challenge when the most notable thing about it is the thickness of a man’s beard.

I remembered Raii’s facial hair from before; it’s pretty much engrained in my head, which was inevitable when you see just how pronounced it is. I don’t know how you’d grow one that’s so dense, and that’s coming from me: a proud pogonophile and pogonowearer; I can only imagine how satisfying it must be to stroke whilst pondering a particularly tricky brainteaser.

When I wasn't studying his impressive facial hair growth tonight, I was tweeting about it. See below for my meanderings. 

UCL Vs. St Hugh's - Oxford (06.11.17)


8:02PM: Raii's favourite book is The Catcher in the Raii.

8:03PM: "Shall we just get on with it?" Paxo loves his work.

8:04PM: Raii's beard is just PURE BEARD.

8:05PM: I've got an ousel-cock. I've also got thrush(es).

8:06PM: Looking at Raii's beard makes you instantly pregnant (just like Tom Selleck's tache).

8:07PM: UCL's Gray is suaver than Suave McSuave from Suavezerland.

8:08PM: Raii's beard is so dark, I'm worried the pixels might leave a permanent beard shape on my screen when I turn off my TV.

8:10PM: Mehigan isn't Mexican, despite the spelling similarities.

8:11PM: Gray's facial hair was patented by Desperate Dan.

8:11PM "Look at him" are the three words I say most when watching #UniversityChallenge 

8:14PM: Grainger's facial hair is on loan from the Alexandre Dumas' Three Musketeers Appreciation Society.

8:16PM: You could lose a hamster in Raii's beard...and I'm prepared to prove this.

8:17PM: Elais' shirt is based on my dining room wallpaper, circa 1986.

8:19PM: Raii's beard is made from the same substance as a letterbox draught-excluder.

8:21PM: Good to see so many female students on tonight's #UniversityChallenge; so many, they're periods must have synced up.

8:23PM: Fatty Acids is my pseudonym-of-choice.

8:25PM: None of these students will be familiar with the concept of a council area, Jeremy.

8:29PM: The answer to none of tonight's questions was "Jedward", predictably.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.