'Strictly Come Tweeting: Week Eight' (04.11.17)


Tonight’s episode of Strictly Come Dancing offered another chance to watch Debbie McGee at her best.

She’s an exceptional performer who seems at home with any style of dance, not to mention the fact she’s more flexible than a rodent squeezing through an impossibly tight hole (not the most flattering simile, but it’s pretty damn accurate). It's great that Strictly's given her the opportunity to reinvent herself in the public’s eyes, thanks to her effortless grace and instant likeability - and as far as the competition goes, she’s definitely a strong contender; anyone who gets a ‘We’re not worthy’ prostration from Craig Revel Horwood is clearly on to a good thing.

As ever, I tweeted my little heart out tonight; see below for my unaccredited commentary.

6:54PM: I like to imagine Claudia Winkleman's permanently eating a very sour sweet.

6:57PM: Alexandra: "I used to sing a lot of soul when I was younger"...& then you recorded that completely soulless version of Hallelujah.

6:59PM: Tess could burst into 'You're the One That I Want' at any moment.

7:05PM: I always expect Alan Dedicoat is going to say, "Will the judges please move their cars from the car park".

7:10PM: You too can make your own Bruno Tonioli jacket by popping to a craft shop to pick up a tube of glitter & fifteen Pritt Sticks.

7:14PM: I enjoyed Joe and Katya's VT homage to the Two Ronnies.


7:16PM: They could have rubbed in their blusher though.

7:18PM: Look at Anton du Beke though.

7:21PM: Well, Aljaž's certainly wearing a pair of trousers.

7:23PM: I like a clean dismount.

7:28PM: How long before the BBC commission a Winkleman & Daly sketch show?

7:30PM: Could someone do me a DVD compilation of Tess and Claudia's sketches so I can BURY IT IN A SHALLOW GRAVE?

7:32PM: Aston looks like one of Dick Hallorann's paintings in The Shining.


7:47PM: Debbie McGee is just the best person ever.

7:50PM: Debbie's fecking exceptional.

7:51PM: Debbie’s got exceptional control.

7:53PM: 10 10 10 10: Debbie's score just went binary.

7:58PM: Some people have legs, but Ote Mabuse has leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegs.

8:07PM: Susan and Kevin doing a sneaky tribute to Brucie.


8:11PM: Davood's my name in past tense.

8:12PM: Oh...I love this classic sort of stuff.

8:13PM: Davood was so light on his feet...and can we just have a word about that lift.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.