In the Works.


Today I confirmed four work-in-progress dates at next year’s Brighton Fringe in May, thus setting in motion the whole ‘putting together a new show for 2018’ process.

At the moment, I’ve no real idea what this show will contain, but the action of getting some dates in the diary is at least a bit of a catalyst. I’ve not been doing much in the way of writing over the past few months as I haven’t really been in the mood for it, but I know I need to start chipping away at new material so I can make the most of the time I still have to try things out; there’s plenty of opportunity to do this, but the sooner I get going the better.

I hope I can opt for a similar process to this year, when I managed to get just the right balance between working precisely on it and keeping a light touch; this more relaxed approach made the whole thing a lot more fun than previously, as well as making for a better show (in my opinion).

The other thing I did today was make an appointment to see a physiotherapist next week regarding my vertigo, which has got a lot worse over the past few days. I spoke to them over the phone, when they summarised the service they offer, which is a form of vestibular rehabilitation involving a retraining of the brain. I really hope it will be beneficial, as I’m tired of having suffered from prolonged periods of dizziness since 2010; it’s fair to say I’ve done my stint.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.