NeverEnding Story.


I’m feeling a little rudderless at the moment.

It’s not that I’m not doing things; I managed to fit in a lot yesterday, including trying to programme some work-in-progress dates on the Brighton Fringe in May, doing admin for ‘Now Who’s a Comedian?’ at next February’s Leicester Comedy Festival, booking acts for Mostly Comedy, emailing agents for my Leicester Square Theatre shows in a fortnight and sorting through some rubbish at home…but I took no satisfaction in any of it; it felt like delay tactics. In truth, I’m finding it hard to motivate myself after Edinburgh and to set to work on something new without some kind of positive change to act as a catalyst.

A lot of this stems from my tiredness at the endless self-generating with little outside influence. I’m bored of spending more time as a comedy promoter - which I never intended to be - than anything else. I care about Mostly Comedy and am proud of its accomplishments, but I’d like to be back to being offered interesting work myself instead of spending all my time offering it to everyone else, and would like to go return to a situation where I have an agent that understands my niche and is capitalizing on it, giving me faith in what I do in the process.

Just talking about the above feels boring; I’m bored with even thinking about it. I know I’m just having a bit of an energy blip. I’m sure I’ll pick up a bit in a few days; in the meantime I’ll keep up with all the admin necessary to meet my plans for the coming year, so when I’m feeling better, the wheels will already be in motion to support it; it’s always the same at the tail end of the year, so why do I always forget it?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.