GBBO 2017: Week Six (03.10.17)


Tonight’s Bake Off was undoubtedly emotional; particularly when Sandi Tokvig welled up while telling Julia she was next to leave the tent.

If I could choose anyone to evict and then console me, it would be Toksvig. I’ve had a soft spot for her since I was an avid (or David) fan of Call My Bluff as a child; not only is her wit is razor-sharp, she also has a very warm soul, which we keep seeing evidence of when she looks after Liam so maternally. It was clear from her tears tonight that she had a soft spot for Julia too, and I for one can’t blame her, as she's one of the most entertaining people in the tent; both funny and sweet in equal measure.

While I’m fond of Julia, it was pretty clear she’d be the one to go tonight, thanks to an unlucky run of bakes. It’s a shame to see her go; I’ll miss her accent the most, for its fabulous mix of Russian and English. It had shades of Elena from Peep Show to it, which is a sweeping generalization as she’s part-Ukrainian, but you can blame my racist ears.

See below for tonight’s GBBO tweets; I should find a hobby, really:

8:04PM: There's always one contestant I can't warm to each year; I won't tell you who it is this time around. 

(*cough* Sophie *cough*)

8:06PM: Please, someone make a Steve Marriott-themed Humble Pie pie.

8:06PM: I. Love. Yan.

8:08PM: I'll firm up YOUR bottom.

8:09PM: Sophie's battling moisture problems. Sophie should buy a Karcher Window Vac.

8:12PM: Someone make a π pie.

8:14PM: Surely Kate should be making a Macca Wild Honey Pie.

8:21PM: Sophie's got just the right sauce level, apparently.


8:23PM: Paul thought Kate's pastry John Lennon was Jesus Christ, finally proving John's bigger than Jesus.

8:25PM: I knew a Portuguese tart once. INSERT PUNCHLINE HERE.

8:32PM: People in the tent who I love a bit: 

Yan, 
Julia, 
Liam, 
Sandi Toksvig. 

People in the tent I lust over: 

Paul Hollywood (obviously).

8:36PM: Yan, rocking the custard tarts there.

8:46PM: YOU'RE too thin at the base.

8:48PM: This programme does nothing for my stress levels.

8:55PM: I can't watch #GBBO without my Lorazepam at arm's reach.

8:57PM: It's been a long time since anyone syringed off my juices.

9:01PM: Yan, helping everyone out. Yan's the best.

9:04PM: Yan's looks amazing. Yan for Prime Minister.

9:12PM: Sandi being so lovely at the end; I LOVE SANDI TOKSVIG.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.