So Tired...


Today has generally been spent recovering from the exhaustion of the past week.

Without wishing to sound unduly sorry for myself, I’m shattered, thanks to the combination of two Mostly Comedys, my two Etcetera Theatre dates at the beginning of the week, the outdoor Mostly event in Letchworth yesterday and a few other bits and bobs besides. I was supposed to be previewing tonight at The Actors’ Temple with the comic Daniel Cook but we decided to pull it this afternoon as there’d been no sales, which was a relief really, as I was finding it hard to sum up the energy to consider doing it, particularly when I would have had to lumber a lot of gear into London with me, due to the venue’s limited tech set-up.

One thing I did do today was draw together a list of the people who’ve played Mostly Comedy so far this year to post on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to act as a space-saver until we’re back again in the Autumn. This served to reiterate how great the line-ups have been since January and how well things have been going; it doesn’t matter how often I’m reminded of this, it’s still something I’m impressed with, considering how small it began; it’s fair to say we’ve been spoilt.


Mostly Comedy's January to July 2017 role-call.

I also spent some time trying to catch up on admin for Edinburgh and doing a mailout about my show for the Mostly mailing list. There’s still so much to do before I leave for Scotland in just over a week, including finishing the show. Here’s hoping I manage to keep on top of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.