The Psychic Teacher.

I didn’t find out until the morning that one of my old junior school teachers was at last night’s show.

It’s a shame I didn’t know he was there, as I would have liked to say hello. It’s lovely to think he saw my name somewhere, remembered it and thought he’d come along to see what I was up to now. Apparently he’d been to Mostly Comedy a couple of times so he must have known what I do for a while, but it was still nice to find out someone from my past was checking in on me; it’s proof that you never quite know how many people still have you somewhere in their minds.

It was pretty notable that he of all people should come, as he was the one teacher who dropped the odd hint or two that might I end up doing comedy. He described me as having a dry sense of humour that was blink-and-you’d-miss-it and suggested I might one day turn my hand to being a comedian; it turns out his premonition was eerily right; so much for using a pile of school reports as an excuse to ‘phone it in’.

As I said, I didn’t get the chance to thank him for coming personally as he’d gone before I came out, but it would have been a delight to talk to him and mention his accidental hitting the nail on the head. I can’t help wonder if he enjoyed it as apparently he has problems with his eyesight, which would surely effect his enjoyment of the show, which is very visual. Still, it was good of him to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.