Help!


My Edinburgh prep is now at the manic, multitasking stage.

It's been an exercise in juggling from the beginning to be fair, with too much attention given to the administrative side of proceedings, but things are approaching their most difficult. Next Wednesday I somehow have to orchestrate checking out of the hotel I’m staying in for one night as my digs won’t be ready yet (hopefully leaving a month's worth of luggage behind) to get a taxi to a depot on the outskirts of town to pick up my screen, projector stand and a suitcase full of gear; bringing them back knowing I may not have a place to store them until I can get into my digs after 4pm (which I have to pick the keys up for from an office that’s another taxi ride away). I also have to collect my posters and flyers, meet my flyerers and my technician and do a technical rehearsal in the evening; I’ll be lucky if I end the day on top of everything and still in one piece.

Today was stressful enough in itself, when I suddenly realised Friday is the cut-off point for my show gear to be sent so it'll be in Edinburgh for Tuesday. Thankfully, my wife helped look up the details and sent me a few links so I could book the delivery using my package dimensions from last year (which turned out to be wholly inaccurate even though they should have been the same; God knows what happened there). I also filmed and edited footage for a press interview and managed to squeeze in a mini-meltdown when all of the above became a little overwhelming: I wouldn’t mind if I felt my show was ready or had some time to rehearse it; next year, I’m getting a helper monkey.

Parcels containing the equipment for my show (I'm in the tall thin one).

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.