Pet Patter.


I may have confused my neighbour’s cat by running my Brighton show in her presence this afternoon.

The reason she was subjected to just under an hour of my material was I’m looking in on her for a few days and thought I might as well use the time on my own to do a quick run-through of the set as it was in Bath and at last Month’s Mostly Comedy, to see how much I remember before I work on it more solidly over the next few days. I don’t think she minded being forced to listen too much, though she did give me a look early on as if to say “Who’s he talking to and what’s he so angry about?” that I tried to placate with a tickle of the head; I’m a practised cat-whisper, after all.

It’s my intention to use the three dates in Brighton to experiment with a few new ideas, though it’s highly likely I’ll keep the first show pretty much as per Bath, instead of expecting too much at once; I think I can allow myself a day to settle in to doing it again first. The good thing is I seemed to remember the majority of it and still enjoyed it, even if some stuff felt a little sketchy to my un-warmed up brain; I’ll try to keep that in mind as I do more work on it. I could do with an audience that isn’t feline too, though on the Fringe, you have to take what you can get.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.