Get Out of the Bath.


Tonight saw my last show in Bath, which I’m pleased to report went well, like the first one.

Me, contemplating the meaning of life, pre-show.
As is often the case when you have a long day with a gig at the end of it, it got to the stage where I almost hoped I wouldn’t have to do it. Signs literally seemed to point that way when I arrived at the venue to find I’d been missed off the blackboard outside; it’s disheartening when you’re booked to do a show at 6:00pm, yet the sign outside the pub suggests there’s nothing on until 11:00pm; how many people would see this and turn away?

This negative feeling was compounded when the act before me overran by over ten minutes, which meant I got into the space late and had less time to deal with a sound issue that came up. Thankfully, I managed to fix this, but the stress of the truncated get-in didn’t put me in the best mindset to talk for an hour; I could have done without the agro.

Ultimately, I was glad things went ahead, as it was the reason I was in town in the first place, and the more chances I get to run the material, the better. Again, the audience were lovely and responsive (despite the low numbers, what with BlackboardGate) and there was a real sense of things moving along. I’m already having  more fun with the material than I did with last year’s stuff, which is a great sign. It puts me in a great place for this week’s extended set at Mostly Comedy.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.