Getting Dry From the Bath.


It was nice to be able to treat myself to a proper day off today, after the success of this weekend’s shows.

I didn’t expect the reaction to be so positive so soon, or for the running time of the material to be as comfortably long; that’s not to say that there won’t be big changes before it transforms into what I take to Edinburgh, but it’s heartening to already be at such an encouraging point; at the least, I felt allowed to take a bit of a break from it today, after working so intensely on it for the past week.

I’m not really sure what I’ve done with my free time today. This evening was very television led, what with finishing the Mel Brooks’ film Young Frankenstein (which we started watching the day before I went to Bath) and the last episode of Broadchurch. I hadn’t seen the former before, but really enjoyed it; it’s shot beautifully and is full of brilliant comedy performances from every one of the cast. The latter was enjoyable too, even if it almost universally painted men in such an unpleasant light; I truly hope we’re not all bad as the programme suggests.

Now, I should go to bed as I’m struggling to stay awake while I write this; apparently, doing next-to-nothing leaves you very tired. Tomorrow, I’ll knuckle down with my show stuff again; it’s always good to approach these things with fresh eyes and a whole new sense of focus.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.