Now Who's Selling Tickets?


I managed to do a tiny bit of writing today, but I wasn’t really in the mood.

I hate it when I have a day to myself when I could be working on material, but don’t get much done. I’m the sort of person who’s never happy with my productivity, and very quickly dismiss what I’ve achieved as not enough. It’s an irritating aspect of my personality that I’d love to eradicate or soften, so I don’t run myself into the ground when I never meet my expectations.

I made a start on an idea that’s been on the back-burner for a while, but haven't yet seen through. I got a little caught up in the mechanics of the slideshow that will accompany it and, as a result, lost the joy in it a bit. I did manage to make a recording of a rough outline though, so I’ll come back to it tomorrow on fresh ears. Sometimes, you need distance to see the worth in what you’re doing, particularly when you’re not in the right mindset.

On the plus side, my Edinburgh show went on sale today; ‘Now Who’s a Comedian?’ is suddenly a thing. It’s exciting, particularly when - despite today’s slow start - I'm beginning to get a feel on what it will be. There’s a long way to go, but I’m gradually cranking the handle, which came out more euphemistic than I intended; as long as I keep plugging away without punishing myself on my less productive days, I should keep things on course.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.