"Speaking Words of Wisdom, Let it Shine."


Tonight saw the second instalment of BBC1’s latest advertise-a-musical-for-months-and-then-cast-it-with-performers-too-inexperienced-to-do-it-a-thon ‘Let it S̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ Shine’ (or as I call it: ‘REAL AUDITIONS ARE NOTHING LIKE THIS’).

I didn’t watch it (clearly), but being reminded of how angry seeing just five minutes of it made me last week caused me to mull over what I would call a musical based on the band’s songbook, if I was responsible for it.

Here are a my suggestions:

IDEAS FOR TITLE OF A TAKE THAT MUSICAL:

Barlow!
Dirty Fat-Dancing
Orange!
A Million Love-changes-everything Songs
Owen!
Howard's End
Pray Misérables
Mamma Marka!
Babe (with a pig as the lead)

…BUT MY FAVOURITE HAS TO BE:

Jason & His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

"It was Orange, Orange, Orange, Orange..."

(TAKE) THAT’S ENOUGH OF (TAKE) THAT.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.