Keep on R̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ Walking.


This week, I’ve started using Fitbit, to keep track of my physical activity and encourage me to get more exercise.

To be fair to myself, I walk a lot, which is par-for-the-course when you don’t drive. I still feel I can do more. Since getting a bus pass, I’ve got into the habit of using public transport for journeys I could easily manage on foot, which is a slippery slope to take; how long will it be before I can only leave my flat through the roof by winch?

(An impractical route when you live on the ground floor.)
 
Things have started pretty well. I set myself the challenge of 8000 steps a day (a brave move when I'm in the midst of compiling my tax return, which is a largely sedentary act). On Sunday I managed 8562, then 6574 on Monday and 6855 today. Despite coming in a little under the last two days, I’ve been reasonably active; it won’t take much to break my goal.

I’m enjoying it so far. There’s a sense of achievement when you see what you’ve managed, plus it’s definitely a motivator. That said, I don’t want it to be something else to punish myself over if I don’t manage to hit my target like with this blog or with my meditation; the app that assists me with the latter told me this morning I’ve managed to meditate every day for a 117-day stretch, which I’m pleased about, but it won't be the end of the world when I eventually miss it one day; “Nobody’s perfect”, as the guy at the end of Some Like it Hot would say.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.