Friends Reunited.


Today, I was fortunate to meet with my good friend Rob, who I haven’t seen for months.

Every so often, he’ll stop off at Hitchin on his way to his job DJ-ing for a radio station in Milton Keynes, so we can have a coffee - and occasionally a pint - and a catch up. We met doing the Buddy show together, before setting up our own Sixties show in conjunction with Glyn, and connected very early on, thanks to our mutual love of Buddy Holly, The Beatles and our shared sense of humour. We don’t see each other as often now, since stopping gigging together, but whenever we go, we pick up where we left off.

Me being me, things had to start awkwardly today. A late night after yesterday’s gig meant I hadn’t got ready in time for Rob’s arrival, meaning I had to leave him waiting in his car outside while I finished getting dressed. This was a step up on what usually happens, when he arrives to park at mine to find me already in town; I like to make things strange.

Despite the initial back-footing, we had a lovely afternoon. Here’s hoping we do more of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.