Strictly Come David.


Tonight, I was quoted by Zoë Ball on BBC2's ‘Strictly - It Takes Two’.



She wasn’t passing on some of my sage words of wisdom to the public, giving insight into how to better their lives; far from it. What she actually did was read a tweet I posted about Ore Oduba and Joanne Clifton’s routine on last week’s show; still, at least I got my moment on the (soap)box.

Finally, all those days and weeks of tweeting along religiously to 'Strictly Come Dancing' paid off. For years, I’ve shared my thoughts and knowledge on the art of cutting shapes - I'm a natural-born choreographer - to scant acknowledgement from the media, save the odd mention on the Telegraph website, on Yahoo! and in The Argus. Now, that’s all changed in one fell swoop. I was quoted by one of the women at the top. The time has come for me to retire from social media; I'll never better this.

I’m surprised that particular tweet was picked up in a way, as it was largely ignored by the rest of the Internet. I’m pleased it was, not least because Zoë described me as “charming”. I’m keeping that. I wonder if I could use it on a poster for my next live show?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.