Leicester Piggot.


Yesterday ended up turning into a bit of a mad-panic-dash, as I rushed to register my show 'Mostly David Ephgrave' as part of next year’s (Mostly) Dave(Ephgrave)’s Leicester Comedy Festival in time to meet their final deadline.

I’d pretty much written off taking it to Leicester next year, having applied very late, so was pleasantly surprised when a slot came up last-minute. This was the reason for my sprint to-the-finish to get everything submitted. Thankfully, it wasn’t too much of a bind, as most of the promotional copy already existed, but I would still have appreciated a more leisurely pace than the the twenty-four hours I had to meet the final call of midnight tonight. Still, I’m pleased to be doing it, as it was very much a part of my plans for next year until I'd nearly scuppered it.

The Leicester date (Saturday 25th February 2017 at The Lightbox at Grays@LCB Depot: more details to follow) will almost certainly be the last time I perform my current show before I move on to something else. I’m intending to work up a new show for next summer, but would still like to give this year’s a final chance to get some coverage, and perhaps another review. It will also be good to do it, as it's the first time I’ve played the festival alone, having been there twice with Doggett & Ephgrave - and I get a little antsy if there’s a comedy festival happening and I’m not a part of it; I hate being the reason for a missed opportunity.

Now most of the early admin for DLCF is done, I intend to set to work at promoting the London date I’m doing with the show in just over two weeks. I hate self-promoting, but it’s a necessary evil when trying to pull together an audience. I long for the day when I don’t have to do it. But that’s enough about me for one day; how’s things with you?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.