"I'm not going to hurt you."

I've very excited about Mostly Comedy's latest coup: the fact that Rory Bremner will the club in October. 

He's another act I've been a fan of for a long, long time - like with Paul Daniels, though their remit is hugely different - and someone Glyn and I hoped would play the club one day. You'd think we'd be used to high profile acts darkening our door, what with us having played host to so many, but the moment I received confirmation that Bremner would do it, I practically fist-pumped the air; if you're going to have an impressionist on the bill, you may as well have the very best. 

It's amazing how far Mostly Comedy has come since it first started. I've said this before in reference to other acts, but if you'd told me at the club's first gig in 2008 (whose line-up consisted of close friends) that someone of Bremner's calibre would join us one day, I would have called you a liar and then slapped you in the face (I'm very 'handy'). It will definitely be a night to savour. You should come, though if you'd like to, I'd suggest booking soon, as tickets are going like hot cakes.

(*annoying simile*)

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.