Tiredavid.

Tonight, I had a really nice night off. 

I met with my friend Stephen for a drink and a catch-up which, while inevitably touching on the subject of the Edinburgh Festival and my recent cancelled previews, wasn't overshadowed by it. While i've still got so much to do, primarily on an administrative level, I can't spend every second thinking of it; I'm entitled to a bit of a break. 

The best part of the evening was when we sat in Hitchin's town square (confusingly called the Market Place) enjoying tapas outside the Pitcher & Piano, at the point when the heat wasn't so unbearable as to be uncomfortable. It was at that moment that I briefly felt like I was on holiday in some far-flung location, rather than in he centre of a Hertfordshire town. It was the first time we'd met for one of our mythical OMPCs (or 'Old Man Pub Crawls') since Stephen has become a Hitchin resident. Even though he'd often give me a lift home on his way to Stevenage, it was strangely pleasing to not have him do this, and to know that he's finally achieved wanted he wanted for so long. I hope it works out for him. 

Like most evenings this week, I've come home first feeling completely exhausted. I'm actimely fighting off sleep as I type and struggling to keep it at bay. I don't know why I've been so openly exhausted in the last few weeks, but I hope it will pass a bit in the next couple of days. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.