Fresh Metal.

I'm being overwhelmed by Smint tins. 

For whatever reason, Smints are my present mint of choice. Extra Strong Mints are overrated - they're not all that strong - and Polos are old hat, yet the Smint has sufficient taste and potency to tick my breath-freshening box (singular). 

A major deciding factor in my current brand preference, if I'm honest, is the packaging: Smints come in a sturdy tin that you feel you should keep for future use, once the contents are gone; throwing it away would be a crime against the planet, yet recycling doesn't seem to be an option. So, what happens when you get through as many mints in a week as me? You end up with a pile of scrap metal on your coffee table, that's what; my cat can't move for clinking. 

There must be something I can use them for, though I can't for the life of me think what. Perhaps I could keep plectrums in them, or small change, or use them to put together and store small-scale sewing kit, though I'd have to mark each tin so I knew what was in it. It sounds like a lot of work. If only they sold refills, it wouldn't be such a waste. This is the sort of thing that keeps me awake at night. 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.