Friday Night Ramblings.

Tonight's been mostly 'off duty', catching up on recorded episodes of The Simpsons and The X Files, with a cat on my lap. My cat, to be specific; not just any old cat.

If it weren't for the technology I'm using to write this, you'd be fooled into thinking it was the early 1990s, thanks to my viewing habits. I may be behind the times, but I don't care, as I enjoy it. It's nice to switch on my TV and switch off my mind.

I'd hoped to work on some new material today, but try as I might, I couldn't get into the right mindset. It didn't help that I didn't get started until mid-afternoon, as I met parents for lunch. I'm not complaining - I had a nice time - but I'd hoped to get more done. Frustratingly, it wasn't until minutes before I left the office that I had a small burst of inspiration, which I quickly made note of before I walked home. At least this gives me a checklist to work through over the weekend and into the week.

I'll keep today's blog brief so I can go to bed. Hopefully sleep will encourage more creativity. If not, I may have to employ a ghostwriter to finish off my show. I'd ask Ewan MacGregor if it weren't for all that stuff with Pierce Brosnan and Roman Polanski; fans of Robert Harris will know what I mean.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.