You Can't Handle the Truth.

I watched the pilot episode of The X Files tonight, having recently enjoyed the new series when it was shown on Channel 5.

I was surprised by how much detail I remembered, despite having not seen it for a good - nay, fantastic - twenty years. Some of the shots were alarmingly familiar, which I can only put down to the fact I'd probably been quite tense watching it first time around, as a younger, more easily scared Ephgrave. It's funny how these things lurk in your subconscious. 

I found it hard to get over just how young Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny looked, particularly as I'd only finished the new series the other week. That's not to say that either actor hasn't aged well; more likely that my perception of age has changed through getting older myself. Anderson looks positively foetus-like, which isn't surprising, as she was only in her early-to-mid twenties, while Duchovny was around the age I am today. This passing time thing's a bugger, which ever way you look at it. 

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the first series proper fairs on watching it again. Will it have aged well? We shall see. Whatever the case, there had better be a lot of torch shining, trouser-suit-wearing and ominous looking blokes smoking cigarettes. Let's be honest: I'm only in it for the possibility of seeing in David Duchovny in a thong, or Mr Burns being mistaken for an alien, whilst wandering through the woods. ‎


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.