'They Hate This."


Tonight I proved I ain’t afraid of no ghost, by watching a Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters II double-bill at Prince Charles Cinema.

It isn't the first time I've done this. I took my wife to the same event a couple of years ago as a treat, as they're amongst of her favourite films - and had arranged for us to retrace our footsteps this evening as a Christmas present.

It's great to see them on the big screen; they've stood the test of time well, and act as a sobering reminder of how bad the forthcoming reboot is likely to be. At least Blues Brothers 2000 had the original Elwood in the line-up. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson may be in the new film, but I can’t see it being the same if they’re not at the centre of it, and without Harold Ramis.

I nearly didn't make the train into town on time, as I'd spent the afternoon digging out the stage lighting we used for Mostly Comedy when we were at The Croft, to see if it still worked. I risked life and limb in the process, as the equipment had got a little damp in storage, though I ran it all through a circuit breaker, plugging it in, closing my eyes and clenching my teeth before switching it on, hoping for the best. Thankfully, the upshot of this was good, as (1) I didn't die, and (2) the lamps worked. This is good news, as we plan to use them again when Mostly moves to The Sun Hotel this month, and it's one less thing to fix or replace before we do that. I’m glad the testing didn’t backfire, as if it had, I could have wound up as a ghost myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.