The Final Countdown.


It's disconcerting to receive emails like this in your inbox.

 

Is it a death threat? Have I only got 2.29 days left? If someone’s taken out a contract on me, they shouldn’t be leaving a paper trail, even if it’s only in an internet sense. Or are they okay as long as no-one prints it out?


This campaign only works assuming you’ve committed to memory what Thebestof are counting down in the first place. Clearly I haven’t, or I wouldn’t be writing this. Or maybe I have and I’m being obtuse (or trying to find something to flesh out a blog post.)

This isn’t the only confusing subject-line to appear in my inbox this week. On Thursday, I received this:


The question is, where’s Duncan?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.