Fanny Craddock-Ephgrave (Leek, Bean & Potato Soup)


I’ve been called many things in my lifetime, some of them libelous, but I’ve never been called a chef.

I’d have been surprised if somebody had, if I’m honest, as my culinary knowledge is pretty limited. I’m not one of those people who tries to apply the ‘I can’t cook’ excuse, as that’s a cop-out. Anyone can do it. It’s a science. Follow a recipe and you can’t really go wrong.

(Cut to a massive house-fire.)

Despite the fact I’m not as ambitious at food preparation as I’d like to be, I do have a speciality, and that’s leek, bean and potato soup. It may only be this in that I’ve learnt the instructions – I didn’t invent them – but in a change to my usual internet bloggery, I thought I’d impart them to you (whoever you may be).

Ingedients:

·      1 tsp olive oil
·      1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
·      2 large leeks, washed and finely chopped
·      1 medium potato, peeled and diced
·      750ml vegetable stock
·      1 tin of borlotti beans, rinsed and drained

Instructions:

1.        Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the garlic and leeks for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften but not colour.
2.        Add the potato and vegetable stock, stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
3.        Stir in the beans and serve with bread. I didn’t mention the bread.

It’s a simple as that. It’s also very tasty. Tomorrow, I’ll teach you how to whittle a bong.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.