Back on the 'Airwaves'.


Tonight, we pre-recorded a new episode of our radio show In Your Inner Ear, after a ridiculously long hiatus.

I knew it had been a while since the last new programme went out, but it wasn’t until I saw the filename of a jingle I’d recorded for it that I realised it was originally meant to air on the 23rd of August. That’s nearly four months ago, which doesn’t quite live up to our intended weekly remit. In truth, it couldn’t be helped, as the studio has had to move premises, but it’s a shame to have had such a gap, when we were just getting into the swing of things.

Despite arriving at the studio for 7:00pm, with Steve joining us at 8:00pm, we didn’t actually start the recording until 9:30pm, due to technical problems, which was a little frustrating for a two-hour show. Once we’d got going, everything worked, which was a relief. I had visions of us pulling an 'all-nighter'.

While we certainly weren’t as slick as we were a few months back, there were a lot of nice moments. I'm sure it won’t take long to get back up to speed. I’ll look forward to hearing it when it goes out on Sunday. It’s worth it just for the segment ‘Glyn’s Corner’; fans of cheesy Musical Theatre, take note.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.