Uneventful Sunday.


I wasn’t as productive today as I would have liked.

I went into the office in the afternoon to work on some new material, but didn’t get very far with it, save going through the last few months’ worth of blogs, making a list of a few I felt might be suitable. I don’t think it helped that I haven’t slept particularly well over the last few days, so haven’t had much in the way of brain capacity when it comes to working things out.

While I may not have got much writing done today, I did manage to do a few things around the house. Top of the list was taking my recycling out, which had built up over the past couple of weeks and was close to reaching crisis point. It’s collected on Fridays in my area, and if you don’t put your stuff in the bin almost as soon as it’s returned, you stand little to no chance of fitting it in. Thankfully, there was just enough room left today, though not without a little gentle encouragement.

(This is riveting stuff.)

This evening, I caught up on a little television, and then watched The Lost World with my wife, to revel in some unadulterated Jeff Goldblum action. He’s at his finest in that film, delivering line after line of dry commentary on his precarious situatation. He may not recline open-shirted like he does in the first film, but you can’t have everything. At least he speaks in sound-bites.

Now, it’s time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be more prolific. I also hope to be as cool as Goldblum. There'll be no flies on me; no Jeff-Goldblum-in-The-Fly on me.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.