Rush-about.


I’ve been feeling slightly overwrought for the past few days.

This partly comes from taking on too much. I have a habit of doing this, and not allowing myself downtime for my mind to reset. Meditating helps, as does adopting some mindfulness techniques, but my brain is so used to doing the opposite, and thinking ahead, that it takes a lot of unlearning for me to relax.

Today’s a case in point. I’m trying to fit writing this blog into a ten-minute window before a meeting, knowing that after that I need to get my mind around a recording of Glyn’s and my radio show tonight. It helps that we roughly planned the episode a couple of months ago before our unexpected broadcast hiatus, but I still want to give myself the time to give what we’d sketched out then (which seemed funny at the time but less so now) justice. I’m also behind on my blogs, which is a self-enforced deadline, but I still don’t like it.

I could do with taking a leaf out of my cat’s book, who is snoring on my lap as I write, unaware of the fact I’m about to turf her off. She has no concept of stress; the little git.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.