Ace of Bass.


When I took out my recycling today, I noticed something strange lurking by the bins.


I leant in closer to see what it might be - and, lo and behold, it was a Sony SA W10 Super Acoustically-Loaded Woofer.

 
MORAL OF THE STORY: If you want to recycle your bottom-end enhancer, put it in the Bottom-End Enhancer Bin like everyone else.

When it comes to some of the people who live in my area, I despair. Did the owner of this speaker believe it would be taken away? Of course not. They were just being lazy; taking the Homer-Simpson-in-The-Simpsons-episode-with-Steve-Martin approach of thinking "Can’t someone else do it?"

I don’t understand why they went to the relative trouble of carrying their Super Acoustically-Loaded Woofer to the recycling area, which is a good 100 yards from anyone’s house, when they could have (a) put it in a car and taken it to the dump / a charity shop / a Cash Converters, (b) sold it online, or (c) thrown it in their own bin. It turns out they weren’t as work-shy as I originally thought, just too apathetic to dispose of their Woofer responsibly.

It’s worrying how petty I'm becoming with age. There was a time when I’d discard of my sound equipment with wild abandon (no disposal pun intended), but not any more. These days, it bring me out in a rash. 

It’s not as irritating as the person who lived in the same building as me, who’d regularly put their cardboard in my bin instead than recycling it. They once threw away some packaging for a sex toy with their name and address on it; so much for anonymity. 

P.S. According to eBay, Sony SA W10 Super Acoustically-Loaded Woofers are 'rare'. I'll be back in a minute...





Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.