Sleepstars.


I can’t imagine many people dreamt they were in a TV special about Hear'Say last night.

In fact, I can’t imagine many people have dreamt they were in a TV special about Hear'Say on any given night. It’s alarmingly specific. Or at least it sounds that way, until you learn it was actually a strange mash-up between a programme celebrating the prefabricated pop group and a function gig with Shirley Bassey. The lines blurred, yet made sense in my unconscious state. It was only when I woke up that I questioned it.

(I must stop dropping acid before bed.)

The fact I remember it so vividly illustrates how badly I’m sleeping of late. I have no trouble dropping off, but my nights are so dream-filled that I feel I’m getting little rest. I then wake up between 5:00am and 6:00am, and can’t get back to sleep. It’s a vicious, sleep-deprived circle that I’m in. 

(…which makes me write sentences like that.)

I’m surprised my brain had enough information stored on Hear’Say to work up a dream about them. The only band members I can remember in my conscious state are Myleene Klass and Shrek. This probably explains the sudden gear-change to Bassey. Who doesn’t dream about Shirl? She seems so friendly and easy-going.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.