Leicester-less.

I'm annoyed that I've sailed so close to the Leicester Festival deadline that I don't think I'll be doing it next year. 

That's the downside to being in charge of all your own admin: things can easily slip through the net. Glyn and I nearly missed the deadline the last time we played Leicester two years ago too, but through knowing a promoter, we just managed to squeeze in. They no longer run a venue, so I was unable to pull the same trick this time around. "Dicks". 

(I'm the dick, not them.)

It's frustrating, as it was part of my game plan for working up a show for next year. If I don't get in, I'll have to substitute it for a few dates elsewhere, but it's great to have the cross-promotion of a festival to shift tickets; I am, after all, an extremely unpopular person. It's a shame, as I really enjoyed the festival both times we did it. 

There's still a chance I might snap up a venue last-minute. Be it a shed, a cupboard or a hastily chalk-drawn circle on the pavement, I'll play it.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.