Dirty Laundry.

I had to take my jumper off when I got to tonight's meditation class, despite being cold, as it had a stain from the pain au chocolat I ate this morning on it. ‎

This is possibly the most middle-class statement I've made in my life to date. Not that jumpers are particularly aspirational per ce, nor meditation - but stick them in the same sentence as a French pastry and I may as well be looking down on Ronnie Corbett and up at John Cleese. 

(It's a reference to The Frost Report.)

What makes it worse is I went about it knowingly, as I had no alternative; everything else of suitable tog was in the wash - as technically was this. I had to grin and bare it, hoping no-one would spot the dirty mark when I took my jacket off. I didn't want to look like the sort of person who goes about wearing unclean clothing, even if I am. I have an image to live up to, albeit a low-grade one. Perhaps I should invest in a bib.  ‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.