Back to School.


I started a new term of my meditation course yesterday. It was good to be back.

I’ve been taking lessons for a year and a half now. It’s proved a useful way to help manage stress and to get my mind into focus. While I’ve kept it up outside of term, it’s good to have a time put aside each week when I know I’m going to do it, particularly under the guidance of my excellent teacher.

Having said that, in some senses, I’m amazed I’m still going. I have a general hatred for attending classes, which probably stems from my time at drama school. I also like to keep myself to myself, so the thought of facing a roomful of people I don’t know sometimes takes a lot of courage and effort (says the person who earns his living on stage. Ha. “Living”.)

However much taking part in a course goes against the grain of my personality, I never regret attending a class when I do. Meditation is a useful skill to have, and one I want to keep learning about. So I will, damn it.  

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.