Techno, Techno.


I had my technical rehearsal today for the weekend’s Etcetera Theatre shows, frustratingly in the midst of the twenty-four-hour tube strike.

Tube strikes tend to follow Doggett & Ephgrave about. Tube strikes and major sporting events. I’ve lost count of the amount of shows we’ve put on in London on the same day as one or the other, or both; we’re the Mystic Megs of Gig Inconvenience, so don’t ask us for tips on scheduling.

Today’s strike really didn’t hold me up, to be fair. I only needed to get from King’s Cross to Camden and back, which is barely any distance. The buses were as plentiful as they were boiling and packed; I arrived at the venue on time, but sweaty.

It was strange teching at the Etcetera without Glyn, having done so much there together in the past. It’s our most-used venue outside of Leicester Square and Soho Theatre, and a lovely space with a good set-up. I had the technical manager on hand to assist me, which was great, but it led to a false sense of security, as he won’t be there on the night. Unfortunately, a friend who’d originally offered to tech for me has had to pull out, so I’ll be doing most of the get-in myself. My wife has kindly agreed to do the lights though, so I won’t be performing in pitch-darkness. Except for the U.V. sequence, that is. I fucking love the U.V. sequence.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.