Load of Old Bully.


Jim Bowen was only forty-four when he started presenting Bullseye.

Bowen, Series One.

Yes, you heard me right: forty-four. That’s just ten years older than me. While I’m a fan of Bowen and see him as an institution, that doesn’t mean I’d want to look like him a decade from now. If I do, my degradation rate will be similar to Walter Donovan's after drinking from the wrong grail at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

(Classic reference.)

Jim, Circa 1981

To hammer the point home, I’ve compiled a list of famous people who are the same age now as Jim Bowen was then. It’s right at the time of going to press and is pretty comprehensive. Strap in…

David Tennant,
Matt Damon,
Ewan McGregor,
Gary Barlow,
Susanna Reid,
Lisa Snowdon,
Tamzin Outhwaite,
David Walliams,
Pete Sampras,
Ethan Hawke,
Jamie Theakston,
Tess Daly,
David Coulthard,
Melinda Messenger,
Mary J Blige,
Stan Collymore,
Katy Hill,
Sarah Alexander,
Patrick Kielty,
Penny Lancaster,
Zoë Ball,
Neil Hannon,
Des’Ree,
Beth Orton,
Gail Porter,
Jeremy Edwards,
Julian Assange,
Samantha Cameron,
Michelle Gayle,
Derren Brown,

…Amanda Holden. Actually, I take it all back.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.