IYIE #13.


Thanks to prerecording Sunday's 'Doggett & Ephgrave: In Your Inner Ear' tonight, I have the Air song Sexy Boy stuck in my head. 




There are more appropriate ditties to have swimming around your mind before bed. That’s not to say that it’s a bad song, as it isn't; it’s just a little man-centric. Oh well. I’ll just commit to it as my Earworm of the Moment.

The reason I have Sexy Boy on the brain (please read this carefully) is we kicked the programme off with it. The topic of conversation - as I established in yesterday’s blog - was ‘hate’, which bore no relevance to our opening song choice. You might think this subject would make for an aggressive two hours' worth of radio, but I believe we managed to strike the balance between laughter and loathing. We were enjoying ourselves, which will come across. We also tried to approach the topic lightly so it didn’t turn into a rant.

We’re lucky to have the creative freedom to do what we want on the show. It isn't filtered or watered down by having someone involved in the production - and I use that word lightly - that doesn’t get our shtick. The set-up is very basic, but suits our needs. We have a mostly off-the-cuff chat around a sketched-out template, broken up with just enough music to give us time to think – then, when we’ve finished, we move on. It’s the opposite of working on stage show, which is a relief,what with all my recent solo live work.

I’m going to stop writing now, as I’m tired, and unsure if I’m saying anything worthwhile. Tune in to the next show when it goes out on Sunday from 7-9pm at www.sg1radio.co.uk to see if we said anything of worth then too. I say “tune in” when I mean “visit the website to hear”; this internet radio malarkey is confusing.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.