Hate Note.


When I recorded the jingle for this Sunday’s 'In Your Inner Ear' today I nearly burst.




I’ve mentioned this self-created predicament here before. Each week, we tackle a different subject on our show, and each week, I record an acapella sting (not Gordon Sumner) to accompany it. The theme for this week’s programme is ‘hate’ (as in “I hate Gordon Sumner”) – and, thanks to me deciding to make my jingles go up in semitone increments, the highest note in the latest one is a top C.

Despite fearing I’d rupture something in the process, it took fewer takes than usual; either the notes are getting easier to reach or I’m starting to care less. It’s hard to tell. Whatever the case may be, I can’t see me going higher from here on in. When you’ve spanned an octave, it’s probably time to come back down again; resorting to falsetto would be a coward’s way out.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.