...Camdenand Ephgrave #2


Tonight’s Camden show was a lot of fun. 


I went into it a lot more relaxed than I’d been the previous night. It helped that I’d read a favourable review from View From the Gods moments before I went into the space. It’s worth bearing in mind that I’ve had very little outside input when putting the show together, so it can get to a point where you can’t see the wood for the trees, and know if you’re getting anything right. The sentiment behind the VFTG review was encouraging, helping me to feel I’m at least some of the way there; reading it before the show briefly freed me from my internal monologue and made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable.

Tonight’s crowd was small, but reasonably responsive. There were some nice moments. I would have much preferred to have press in tonight over last night (I may very well have had some, of course), but that’s the way these things go. I felt far slicker than I had the night before. It made me wish I was going straight into a longer run like Edinburgh. It would he nice to have a handful of dates to hone the show and get better at it, but that can be hard to fund or maintain at a level like mine.

Now ‘…and Ephgrave’ is packed in storage for a few months. I know I want to work on it and get a show together that I’m proud of. That said, I’m still pleased with some of my personal leaps thus far. It’s a start, David. It’s a start.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.