To Cast, or Not to Cast.


I had my first casting in a while today, and I have to say, I quite enjoyed it.

Auditions have been thin on the ground for the past few months. This wasn’t a bad thing when I was preparing for my Brighton show, as I had a lot to think about, but now that’s done, I could do with some more coming in. I could do with the money that would come with a job - and the great thing about getting an advert is it’s not a big commitment.

It was nice to do a bit of acting today, even if it was only for the brief moment that I was in the casting suite. The script involved very little dialogue, plus the chance to play with some off-the-cuff comedy reactions, which was right up my street. I probably won’t get the job – it’s got to the point where I cease to believe I ever will – but I got a few laughs while I was there, and some positive feedback.

I’ve been very unlucky with adverts of late. I’ve been penciled for so many jobs that I’ve lost count, and not got a single one of them. It’s very soul-destroying. It’s also expensive; I’ve spent enough on train tickets to qualify for a special golden seat. Not that that would be comfortable. The metal's also malleable enough for me to leave a perfect arse print - and I don’t want to do that: First Great Western might take it as a comment on their service.


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.