So tired.


(Note to self: it’s best to not write a blog post when you’re falling asleep.) 

While most of today was spent trying to sort out my problems with my phone, the most productive part was when I ran through my show in my office. It’s the first time I’ve touched the material in a good few weeks. It’s strange to be revisiting it, after such a long hiatus0o9p12. Anyone wondering what a ‘hiatus0o9p12’ is will have to ask my cat, as the word only came about as a result of her running across my keyboard.

Going over the show again felt strange. Some parts felt almost alien to me, after my break from it. It wasn’t that long ago that I performed it, but it feels like in eternity. Either way, it’s good to get back on the horse, to use a clunky metaphor.

It will be nice to put it in front of an audience again, so I can get a better judge of it. While it has got a fair few laughs in the past, I’ve started to forget this. I'm overthinking it, through doing it too many times to myself. It helps to have an outside eye, giving you feedback. This was why it was so useful having my friend Steve with me every day in Brighton. He gave me a reason to do it, plus the luxury of lots of constructive criticism, which is what I need.

I hope I can get the fire back into my performance. The radio show has given me a creative boast, but I want to remind myself that I’m also capable of doing things on my own. It’s just harder to do when you have no-one else to motivate you to work on it – and I like to avoid work as much as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.