Radio Ramblings.

I was pleased with the second episode of mine and Glyn's internet radio show 'In Your Inner Ear' when I listened back to it.‎

I heard the first hour when it went out on Sunday (it wasn't live, as I revealed in last Wednesday's blog; I had a gig booked which clashed with the broadcast, which was then cancelled, so I was able to hear it). I listened to this second hour this morning, whilst getting ready. We sounded much more relaxed than we did in the first show. We engaged and connected with each other's stories, which gave them more energy. It zipped along nicely. It was better all round.

Hearing it back (and being pleased with the results) has made me look forward to the next one. We're lucky to have the freedom to do what we want with it, which is a rarity. It should end up as a good showcase for our ability, once we've honed it sufficiently. I've always enjoyed our off-the-cuff stuff - like The Buddy Tapes and our Edinburgh video diaries - the most. We've built up a knack for knowing how to deal with what the other throws at us over the last ten years. We know what makes each other laugh, and always push it to the forefront. It's refreshing to experience that dynamic again, after the last few months of working solo. 

It would be nice to get something out of it. A show on a more established radio station would be nice (as well as; not instead of). I'd quite happily earn my living doing it. For one thing, I needn't worry about getting dressed again.‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.