Jingles Jangles.


Today, I quickly knocked up a short script for a trailer for mine and Glyn’s radio show. 

"Every Sunday, the duo behind Hitchin’s Mostly Comedy are inadvisably allowed on the airwaves. Join Doggett & Ephgrave for a mix of banter, chat and music on 'In Your Inner Ear'. But don’t let the title put you off. 'Doggett & Ephgrave: In Your Inner Ear'; Sundays from 7-9pm on SG1 Radio." 

It will be voiced by the person who does all of the station’s trailers rather than us, so therefore had to fit the same style. If Glyn and I were to record it, I would have worded it differently. As it stands, I still wanted to make it underselling and self-deprecating. It wouldn’t be about us if it wasn’t. It also gives the advert an essence of the show’s content, rather than making it too slick.

I have mentioned already on this blog how much I’m enjoying doing the show. I listened to last Sunday’s when it went out (we’d prerecorded it a few days before as Glyn was unavailable), and was pleased with how it came across. I think we’re settling into it. We’ll be moving to an earlier time slot in a few weeks, which should help encourage more listeners.

The rest of the day was spent trying to finalise the line-up for next month’s Mostly Comedy Summer Special (which is nearly there) and doing a little admin for my solo stuff. All in all, it was fairly productive. The one thing I haven’t done for a while is any writing for writing’s sake, as I’ve not been in the mood. I hope to address this soon, before the blog becomes a dry account of my day-to-day activities - and I end up with no new material.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.