Inspire Me.


I’ve lost my impetus for writing over the last few weeks.

This is probably partially a comedown from finishing my Brighton run. I spent months building up to it, and now it’s passed, I’m finding it hard to work up the energy to pick up where I left off. I’m less enthused by my own ideas.

The lack of deadline doesn’t help. When you have a reason to write, you step up your game. Without one, you have no need to do it. You sit staring at a blank computer screen, drinking tea and eating biscuits. You wind up fatter, slightly more hydrated and a lot less prolific.

Writing a blog every day is a hell of a commitment. I’m proud of myself for keeping it up this long (a year and nine months), and now I’ve got this far, I don’t want to stop. Like everyone though, I need a little mental space. I’d hate it to become a weight around my neck.

I still find it very useful. Mine and Glyn’s new radio show is a case in point. Each week, we pick a topic to run as a central theme for the show. I’ll then type a few keywords into the search bar of my blog’s back-up on Evernote, and couple of fully-formed stories will pop up. I’ve often completely forgotten about them. It’s also an invaluable kicking-off point for stand-up. I just wish I could outsource the occasional post to a ghostwriter.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.