Hound Blog.

Today, in a change to the usual theme, I've managed to fit time for relaxation around my work. 

I caught the bus to Stotfold this morning, to walk my mum's dog. I do this once a week, when I'm available. I meditated on the bus, which helped me to start the day on a calmer note. I arrived at my mum's house to find Barley (the dog) staring through the front window. When he spotted me, he couldn't conceal his excitement. He was all over me when I opened the door. He's a contender for the Friendliest Dog on the Planet. 

We took our usual route around the village, meeting a doting woman (over Barley, not me) and some cats along the way. We then walked around the circumference of the park before going home, where he sat at my feet while I made a sandwich, like the faithful hound that he is.  

On the bus back to Hitchin I sent a few emails, trying to chase a line-up for our forthcoming Mostly Comedy Summer Special. It's proving a challenge. Booking acts sometimes feels like a game of chess; making Machiavellianistic moves in the hope of getting what you want.  

(I may have just invented a word.) 

On returning to Hitchin, I made my way to the office, where I continued to send emails.  When I'd finished, I headed home, to go over my proposed set for this weekend's gigs. I haven't performed solo since my So You Think Your Funny heat in May, which makes me feel a little rusty. I need to get back on the metorphorical bike (which is a clumsy analogy for needing more stage-time). 

After running my set a few times, I took a proper break. I sat down with my book in my hand and my cat on my lap. It felt like a luxury to do this. I'm looking forward to a quiet night in, before a busy few days. I may even switch off my phone. This Ephgrave is slipping off the RADAR.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.