Chillin'.


I treated myself to a quiet evening in tonight, after a frenetic few days.

I haven’t done this for quite a while. It’s nice to have no responsibilities, however briefly. My wife’s off work this week too, so I should be able to spend more time with her, rather than rushing off the moment she gets in (which isn’t personal).

That’s not to say I don’t have things to do. I’m just reminding myself that I don’t need to do things all the time. I’m allowed to have a break and switch off. It helps that I’ve recently got stuck into a good book (An Officer and a Spy by Robert Harris). I’m so used to filling every moment with writing or admin and then feeling guilty when I’m not. I have a habit of taking on too much while at the same time feeling I’m not doing enough; a psychiatrist would have a field day.

This Thursday sees the next Hitchin Mostly Comedy. Glyn and I won’t have time to write anything new for it, what with another radio recording looming on Friday, and having little shared availability outside of that. This normally makes me tense, as I don’t like treading water when it comes to our performance. I’m still frustrated this time around, though I’m relieving myself a little from the responsibility; what will be will be. For the moment, I’m putting my emphasis on getting ‘…and Ephgrave’ back on track, and preparing for the radio show. The people who’ve booked for Mostly didn’t do it to see us, after all. We can afford to keep it brief. Despite this, I’m hoping that the radio show will reinvigorate us and spur us on to some new ideas. It’s nice to collaborate again on something that excites us. It’s also a lot more fun than working on your own.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.