All For a Good Cause.


Today, I assisted Glyn with the filming of the charity event Afternoon Tea Delights, in aid of Garden House Hospice.

I’m not sure how much assistance I gave; I was there more for moral support. It came about through the fact that one of the organisers is my meditation teacher, who mentioned he was looking for someone to document their annual fundraiser, to which I suggested Mr Doggett. It was only fair that I pitched in as a result, though I could hardly refuse such an exceptional cause. There were a few cakes thrown into the bargain, which literally sweetened the deal.

It took place at the beautiful Priory Barn in Little Wymondley. I’d never been there before, which is ridiculous, as it’s only a stone’s throw from my house (if I were a professional shot-putter). The weather was perfect, which helped smooth things along. They had live entertainment from - amongst other things - a harpist and an opera singer, both of whom were marvellous. They also held an art auction, which was quite exciting, as I've never been to one before. There was a beautiful oil painting of the Houses of Parliament viewed from the South Bank, which I would have bid for if I had the money. There was also one called The Silver Curtain; an interesting title, as the curtain was ever so slightly upstaged by the naked woman posing in front of it.

Glyn was in charge of the camera work today, while I recorded the sound. He’s an expert at documenting these events, having filmed them regularly as part of one of his many guises, working for the advocacy charity POHWER. The results I saw looked great.

I’m now home with a cat on my lap, ready to listen tonight’s episode In Your Inner Ear. What better way to round the day off? Tomorrow, I’ll get back to practising the shot put.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.