Sweet Scrumping.

Someone has left an open packet of wine gums on the train; should I or shouldn't I? 


They're sitting on the table by the seat in front, taunting me with their prospective juiciness. It's proving hard to resist. There'd be no effort involved; no fumbling with the tiny tin foil with my fingers. I could just reach over and pop one in my mouth. No gummy sweet tastes better than a free gummy sweet.

I keep saying WINE gums, when that's not strictly true: these days, they're called FRUIT gums. When did this change come about? Did somebody sue them for trade descriptions? Surely no-one ever believed they had any actual alcoholic content. If they did, it would make for a cheap night out. 

The reason for my late night train journey is I'm coming back from a gig in Brighton. I've been on the 'Laughing Horse Pick of the Fringe' bill for the past couple of nights. They've served as a little warm-up for my show, which starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted on how it goes; whoever you may be.‎

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.