Saturday Moaning.


I feel like everything's winding down at the moment, now that my Brighton run is done.

Since the beginning of the year, if not before, I’ve been going into the office every day to write or rehearse bits of my show. As soon as I committed to writing an hour or thereabouts, the work intensified. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to do it in the timeframe, so I forced myself to work even harder at it. Now I’m out of the other side - at least in the case of ‘…and Ephgrave’ Mark One - I’m at a bit of a loss. It’s strange to not need to go into the office, or to push myself so hard.

I still went in this morning, to run my set for Monday’s gig. It’s nice to have a space to work in, and to then leave that work behind. I could have stayed there to write my blog, but I told myself I didn’t have to. I don’t need enforced solitude to do it. It’s also Saturday, and I could do with a break.

It’s less of a wind-down and more of a comedown, in a way. My enthusiasm for writing has dipped, hopefully temporarily. I’m also disheartened by the lack of castings that have come my way of late. I feel like so much of what I do requires me to initiate it, and I’m tired of being the catalyst. I’m sure my mood will change once I get into the swing of my forthcoming gigs and mine and Glyn’s radio show. More than anything, I need a holiday, but I have to wait until October for that. Still, it could be worse: at least I’ve got my health. Isn’t that what old people always say?

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.