Quick Time.


Today, I thought I’d share some more music.

It's one of the better songs I wrote after my band split up. This band was the main focus of my teenage and early-adult life. When I left drama school I was offered a large-scale theatrical tour, which led to me eventually knocking the band (and songwriting in general) on the head. I lost my musical impetus, which was a shame, as up to that point, it had driven and defined me. I'd still have the occasional burst of inspiration and finish something up, but without a format to write for (i.e. the group), I had no reason to do it.

Quick Time is a rare instance of me seeing a song through, which is ironic, as it's about laziness. It sounds like an attack on an ex-partner, but it isn’t. It documents the end of a close friendship, and the betrayal that went with it. It’s one of the few things I’ve written in a minor key, so I was clearly feeling angsty.

As with Hang On, the only recording I have to hand is a live version. It skips the middle eight, which was my favourite bit, but you still get the essence of it. Not many songs share their name with a Media Player, so that's a bonus.

Open up your lugholes and click on the triangle below:


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.